THE Stanley Black & Decker ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
Our websites, microsites, mobile sites and/or mobile applications (collectively referred to as the “Platform”) are owned, operated or controlled by Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.’s European affiliates including Black+Decker, Bostitch, DEWALT, Elco, Emglo, Facom, Lista, MacTools, PACOM, Porter-Cable, Powers, Proto, Stanley, Stanley FatMax, Usag and Vidmar (collectively referred to as “Stanley Black & Decker”), Stanley Black & Decker UK Limited (a company with registered number 07059991) whose registered office is at 210 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 3YD, United Kingdom, its subsidiaries and other companies within its group (“Stanley Black & Decker” or “we”).
We believe that your privacy on the internet is extremely important. The Privacy Notice outlined below describes Stanley Black & Decker’s current policies and practices with regard to Personal Data collected by us through the Platform to the extent that such Personal Data is protected by applicable European data protection laws. The term “Personal Data” refers to information about you from which you may be identified or identifiable, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number, and information about your use of our goods and services. This Privacy Notice also sets out details of other information we collect, such as by using cookies or other technologies, which may not identify you personally. It also applies to personal information we collect, use and disclose in connection with Stanley Black & Decker pages on social media sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or others (collectively referred to as our “Social Media Pages”). We will be the data controller of all such Personal Data for the purposes of applicable data protection law.
NOTE: Stanley Black & Decker licenses the use of its trademarks to unrelated third parties which operate websites independently from Stanley Black & Decker. This Privacy Notice does not cover the websites of these third parties. These third parties have separate and independent privacy policies which we recommend you read carefully.
This Privacy Notice provides the following:
1. What information does Stanley Black & Decker collect and how does Stanley Black & Decker use this information?
You may use our Platform and Social Media Pages to buy products from us or receive additional information or services from us, participate in competitions, or provide us with information related to customer satisfaction surveys, customer purchasing habits and other purchasing information.
Information You Provide
When you purchase our products or request additional information, or otherwise interact with us, we may collect information, including Personal Data, about you such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and payment details, and details of your purchase, request or query, username and password (related to your account), personal preferences, information related to customer satisfaction surveys, purchasing habits and other information including registration of products purchased, resume, cover letter and similar employment-related materials . We may also ask for demographic information to enable us to provide a personalised service to you. We sometimes supplement the information that you provide with information that is received from third parties. For instance, if inaccurate postal or zip codes are received, we may use third party software to fix them.
We may allow you to use your personal social media account, on social media sites (“Personal Social Media Account”), to provide information to us when you participate in certain features on our Sites, but we will ask your permission prior to doing so. This information may include any information you have shared on your Personal Social Media Accounts, such as the following: your name, language, interests, likes and country.
It is also possible that we will be able to continue collecting this information from your Personal Social Media Accounts should the information be revised by you later. You may choose not to provide us with certain requested information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of some of the features on our Sites.
Use of Personal Data
The information that we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your experience on our Platform and Social Media Pages, as well as helps us improve the products and services we provide.
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- We may contact you to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
- We may send you information about our other products and services, and regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you;
- We may send you requested information on our products and services;
- We may contact you to notify you if you have won a competition or contest we have conducted;
- We may use your Personal Data for market research, for example we may contact you for feedback about our products and services;
- We may use your Personal Data to create statistical data about use of our Platform and Social Media Pages, products and services;
- We may use your Personal Data to fulfill your orders, to respond to any warranty claims and/or to provide any requested services;
- We may use your Personal Data to contact you where necessary or appropriate, for example, if you have a query about one of our products or services; and
- We may use your Personal Data internally to administer the Platform and Social Media Pages, and help us improve our services.
We will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
Automatically data collected through our Platform
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to automatically collect information about the use of our Platform. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers our visitors use. This technology enables us to compile aggregate information about our visitors and their use of our Platform. Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology enables us to understand more about the use of these hyperlinks.
We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Platform. An IP address is a numeric code that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the Internet. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information (for example your approximate location, such as your City or State). We may also perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users demographics.
Information Obtained from Third parties
We may combine information about you from other sources with the information we have collected about you on our Platform or Social Media Pages.
For example, in connection with searching and applying for jobs with us, we may use a third party to collect and process the applicant profiles and preferences, monitor website activity, maintain the database based in the U.S and provide plug-ins (such as LinkedIn) at your request. We require that the information you provide on pages hosted by these third parties be maintained by them in confidence. Information you voluntarily supply will be stored in a database, which will be accessed by authorized personnel of Stanley Black & Decker to address your inquiry or consider you for employment purposes with any of our affiliates. We may also keep the information for future consideration.
Information Collected on Stanley Black & Decker’s Social Media Pages
Personal information may be collected directly by us through our Social Media Pages. The type of information we would collect is similar to what is described above under “Information You Provide.” Personal information may also be collected by the social media site hosting our Social Media Pages. Our Privacy Notice does not cover the privacy and security practices of the social media sites on which Stanley Black & Decker has its Social Media Pages.
Cookies and other technologies
Disclosure of your Personal Data
We do not share, sell or distribute your Personal Data, except as otherwise provided for in this Privacy Notice and under these limited circumstances:
- Your Personal Data may be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies in order to provide you with the information, products or services which you have requested or information of products, services or issues which we think may be of interest to you. Please see Section 2 for information on how to stop Stanley Black & Decker from contacting you for marketing purposes.
- Your Personal Data may also be transferred or shared with companies within our group of companies and/or third parties who process personal data on our behalf in accordance with the purposes for which the data was originally collected (including the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice), or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party service provider may have access to your Personal Data in order to support our information technology system or to handle mailings on our behalf. These third parties have access to Personal Data needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Where you have consented, we may also share your Personal Data with other third party businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
- We may share, transfer or disclose the information to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or Platform, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
Where appropriate, before disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we will endeavour to contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions as well as organisational and security measures to protect that data and to comply with its confidentiality obligations and all applicable law.
2. How do I stop Stanley Black & Decker from contacting me via e-mail for marketing purposes?
If you are on our email mailing list you may have received emails from us about our products, special offers, competitions and other matters. If you wish to cease receiving email marketing communications from us you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Email Unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
Each email we send contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving emails from us. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the bottom of any email. We will make every effort to cease communication by e-mail promptly; however this may sometimes be subject to administration delay, but will be dealt with as soon as possible.
3. What about links from Stanley Black & Decker to other sites?
4. Will this Privacy Notice change?
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features to the Platform and Social Media Pages and to our existing services. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. We therefore encourage you to check this page frequently for any updates. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you and the local data authority of the changes where required by law.
5. How can I ensure that information relating to me held by Stanley Black & Decker is accurate and up to date?
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your Personal Data, we will disclose to you the Personal Data we hold about you and to which you are entitled, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to carry out the purpose(s) for which it was collected. You may request that we rectify any Personal Data that is inaccurate or delete any Personal Data that you think we no longer have a legitimate purpose for processing, as may be required by law. Requests to delete Personal Data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us. To make any requests regarding your Personal Data, you should contact us at the addresses given below.
6. Will Stanley Black & Decker transfer my information abroad?
If you are visiting our Platform from a country other than the country in which our servers are located (currently in Germany or Belgium) the various communications will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international boundaries. Moreover, Stanley Black & Decker is part of a multinational group of companies, and so your Personal Data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area for one or more of the purposes for which the data was originally collected (including the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice) or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. Please note that some countries to which your Personal Data may be transferred may not have the equivalent level of protection of personal data as that of your country of origin. However, we will always handle your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. By using our Platform and communicating electronically with us, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Data as set out in this section 6.
7. What kind of security measures are used to protect my information?
We employ appropriate technical security and organisational measures, and endeavour to ensure that any third party that processes your Personal Data on our behalf employs appropriate technical security and organisational measures, to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and against accidental loss, or destruction or damage to your Personal Data.
8. Contact Stanley Black & Decker
We welcome comments or any questions about this Privacy Notice and/or if you have any questions about any part of our service, you may contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by writing to us at Stanley Black & Decker UK Limited, Marketing Manager, 210 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 3YD, United Kingdom.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on July 2016.